This position is responsible for designing and developing products from customer specifications or sales
department requests. Working with factory personnel, the product engineer is responsible for the
integration of materials, methods, and tools necessary to bring new products to the company portfolio.
- Microwave antenna qualification process
- RF Passive devices – OMT, Coupler, Splitter, Diplexer, etc.
- Cables & waveguides
- Installation & Test KIT’s, accessories specification
- Optical transceivers
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with suppliers and manufacturers
- Work with external design resources to ensure quality design and performance.
- Work with external resources to resolve product issues - Subcontractors support
- Assist in selection of material.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mostly office, some factory
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Working with test equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, signal generators, power meters, arbitrary waveform generators, network analyzer, etc).
- Knowledge of transmission line theory and antennas.
- Knowledge of general RF measurements (ie IP3, NF, EVM, ACPR, S-parameters, VSWR, RxBN, Spectral Emissions, etc).
- Knowledge of the measurements necessary to characterize a RF and/or mmW/RF device through theoretical and practical application.
- Solid understanding of RF principles, RF engineering tools.
- Strong written and verbal and interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and 4 or more years of experience are required.
- Professional engineering status is helpful but not required