Little Falls, New Jersey, February 11, 2016 – Ceragon Networks Ltd. (NASDAQ: CRNT), the #1 wireless backhaul specialist, today announced that it will showcase its 5G wireless backhaul technologies at Mobile World Congress 2016, in Barcelona, Spain. Commercial offering of 5G services in developed markets is expected to begin by 2020 and is expected to bring exponential growth in network capacity as well the number and types of connected devices. 5G technology is also anticipated to enable a wide variety of new services, including IoT and M2M, changing the way networks are designed and built. A key requirement to meet 5G service demands is a flexible wireless backhaul infrastructure which meets more stringent performance, reliability, and operational efficiency targets. Ceragon Networks is developing robust technologies to meet the need for 100 times higher capacity at cell sites, at least five times denser cell-site grids, with large scale street-level deployments, network virtualization and optimization, as well as support for mission critical applications.
Powered by Ceragon’s multicore technologies which achieve faster time to market with higher performance at affordable costs by using in-house designed system on chips which are integrated into Ceragon’s wireless backhaul solutions, Ceragon’s solutions are being optimized for 5G capacity, latency, service and network availability targets.
“Ceragon’s strategic investment in vertically integrated solutions, developing advanced microwave and millimeterwave systems on chips and integrating those into complete products, will allow communication service providers to meet their business objectives as their networks evolve to deliver 5G services,” said Ira Palti, president and CEO of Ceragon. “Supporting our customers today in their 4G deployments and their evolution from 3G to 4G, Ceragon is committed to delivering solutions that enable its customers to achieve the highest value both in operational efficiency and customer experience, while ensuring peace of mind by offering a highly reliable network able to evolve over time.”
Ceragon’s wireless backhaul technologies will enable communication service providers:
1. Deliver up to 10Gbps backhaul to cell sites using ultra-wide microwave frequency channels with LoS 4×4 MIMO technology at 6 – 42GHz, and millimeterwave compact radios – overcoming spectrum shortages and reducing site acquisition and related costs.
2. Deploy cellular base stations and small cells exactly where needed, in any deployment scenario, by eliminating backhaul constraints caused by lack of spectrum and inability to reuse the microwave spectrum channels. Ceragon’s Advanced Frequency Reuse technology, allows for reusing frequency channels twice as often as otherwise possible, ensuring the location of the cellular site is not compromised, that the cost of backhaul is as low as possible, and that the quality of service for customers is not compromised.
3. Overcome microwave spectrum congestion by using multiband carrier aggregation of microwave and millimeterwave spectrum with Ceragon’s unique Multicarrier Adaptive Bandwidth Control technology. This technology meets capacity requirements, intelligently balancing traffic over microwave and millimeterwave channels and achieving service availability and reliability targets, while avoiding expensive trenching of fiber where it is not needed.
4. Enable fast deployment of highly dense cellular base stations and small cell grids by use of Ceragon’s multicore MIMO technology for Non Line of Sight use cases at 6 – 42GHz. Developed by Ceragon, this unique multicore MIMO technology will allow high performance, predictable capacity in NLoS conditions, while simplifying service rollout, eliminating alternative backhaul costs and accelerate revenue generation.
5. Adopt cost reduced network architecture with Cloud RAN by use of ultra-high capacity wireless backhaul (fronthaul) delivering 2.5Gbps to 10Gbps digital signaling between cloud baseband units and remote radio heads.
6. Ensure optimal use of network resources using Software Defined networks (SDN) technologies with open interfaces for simple and quick network integration, overcoming barriers of the current wireless networks eco system. Ceragon’s SDN wireless backhaul technologies optimize resources by performing dynamic spectrum allocation, intelligent power consumption management, and dynamic service reroute to increase operational efficiency, maintain high network reliability and enhance customers’ quality of experience.
7. Enable simplified evolution from 4G to 5G networks using IP-20 Platform technologies and capabilities, allowing maximum use of the Ceragon 4G wireless backhaul investments made today.
About Ceragon Networks Ltd.
Ceragon Networks Ltd. (NASDAQ: CRNT) is the #1 wireless backhaul specialist. We provide innovative, flexible and cost-effective wireless backhaul solutions that enable mobile operators and other service providers to deliver 4G/LTE, 3G/2G, and other wireless broadband services to their subscribers with high quality of experience. Our solutions are deployed by public utilities, government and defense organizations for delivering mission critical multimedia and other applications at high reliability and speed. Ceragon’s high-capacity solutions use microwave technology to transfer multimedia, voice and data traffic while maximizing bandwidth efficiency, to deliver more capacity over longer distances under any deployment scenario. Based on our extensive global experience, Ceragon delivers turnkey solutions that support service provider profitability at every stage of the network lifecycle enabling faster time to revenue, cost-effective operation and simple modernization to all-IP networks. As the demand for multimedia services pushes the need for ever-increasing capacity, Ceragon is committed to serve the market with unmatched technology and innovation, ensuring effective solutions for the evolving needs of the marketplace. Our solutions are deployed by more than 430 service providers in over 130 countries.