Utility networks must align to the diverse requirements of their grid application that include performance (Bandwidth, Latency, and QoS), efficiencies, communication protocols, security (FIPS), and environmental standards, in a way that ensures reliability and scalability to meet current and future Utility Applications.
Ceragon has developed a wide range of capabilities that are mandatory in Smart Utility deployments, including:
- Utility-grade network management platform with proactive management to avoid critical network availability issues
- radio planning that avoids interference and ensures network uptime
- Low latency for critical Distribution Automation devices & multimedia feeds
- Multi-Gigabit capacity and QoS to support:
- Video Surveillance
- Other critical or bandwidth-demanding applications that help monitor the grid assets.